Connecting with employers across Perth
Edge has been placing people with disability into the workforce for over 35 years and as a result we have a wealth of relationships with both large and small employers. Through this network, we can provide our NDIS School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) participants with a range of opportunities including apprenticeships, traineeships, after-school employment, work experience or customised employment (including self-employment).
At each business, students can see what a working day looks like and receive hands-on training in a range of sectors including retail, customer service, hospitality and logistics. By gaining insight into a wide range of industries our SLES participants can decide which career path is right for them.
We help students get ready for the world of work.
Our highly interactive and experiential program includes:
- Career identification, development and planning
- Recruitment training including resume writing and job interview preparation
- Work related communication and workplace expectations
- Teamwork, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Public transportation training and worksite visits
- Budgeting skills
- Stress management and work life balance training
Our one-to-one sessions are personalised and set individual pathways for our participants. Our group sessions are designed to provide opportunities for social interaction and confidence building. This shows our participants they are not alone and are walking their new pathway with others.
Contact us if you can provide an opportunity for our SLES participants.